Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Monday, October 24, 2011

Start with a Seed

Over the last couple of weeks I have been attending one of Life Tabernacles satellite churches in the Paseo district of Oklahoma City.  My pastor has been teaching on "Purpose".  This teaching has struck a chord in me.  I cannot begin to tell you how I have prayed and cried out to God to reveal to me my purpose in His kingdom.  Yesterday at church, the sermon just kept speaking to me and when it came time for the alter call, I was ready.  I cried and cried and asked God to please reveal to me what my purpose was, I just wanted to know.

Step back with me to a previous teaching on purpose.  My pastor said that if we only start with a seed and water and nourish it, it will grow.  Then that growth will take us to another level.  Yesterday he was talking about how when a stalk of wheat grows, during the winter we will not see much growth on the topside.  However, something amazing is going on underground.  Not until the rain comes during the right season will the wheat finally grow to its full height.  The same is with our purpose.  We must be faithful to God and serve Him with all that we are and at the right time and at the right season we will begin to see all that we have been waiting on. 

I spent the afternoon outside enjoying the beautiful weather and reading all of my blogs on "The Pantry".  There were times when I was reading that I honestly couldn't remember writing some of those things.  I also realized while reading, how free my spirit seemed to be.  I could truly see in my words the words of God.  Here is where it gets interesting.  I have always wanted to write, so I started this blog.  God gave me the name "The Pantry" and also showed me what the meaning was to be.  Yesterday as I was praying and crying out for my purpose, writing kept coming to my mind.  Last night after getting home from church I wrote my first blog in 40 days.  Up until that point, my heart had been heavy and I felt as though I was carrying a huge weight on my shoulder and I was, the burden that I needed to write.  After writing that blog last night I felt such a sense of peace and comfort that I cannot explain and my heart was happy once again.  As I read the blogs earlier, I could see and feel in my spirit that this is my purpose or at least part of my purpose that God has for me. 

So you see, I started with a seed, when I began this blog.  I have tried my best to water and nourish it.  I have remained faithful to God and He has rewarded me with this passion to write.  Thank you Lord, for reveling my purpose to me. What is your purpose?  Plant a seed in your life and see where He will take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment