Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

You Reap What You Sow

Wow, has it really been 11 days since I last posted?  It just seems that time is going faster and faster these days.  A lot of things have been going on.  My son celebrated his 22nd birthday on September 7 and on September 5, he proposed to his beautiful fiance Brittany.  I am so happy for both of them.  Just this weekend my precious little grandson spent the night with us.  Who ever would have thought that playing Peek-a-Boo at 3:00 in the morning would be so much fun?  Needless to say I was very tired the next day.  Also, my husband went to church with me for the first time on Sunday and I was so happy.  So it has been a wonderful and blessed month so far.  I can't wait to see what other wonderful things the Lord has in store for me and my family.

Which brings me to the topic of this segment of "The Pantry".  During my bible study the last couple of days, this topic has come up again and again in different contexts, but the point is still the same, You Will Reap What You Sow.  2 Corinthians 9:6 (NIV)-Remember this:  Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.  The following is from Joel Osteen's website:  If you believe in faith and keep speaking victory, favor, health and wholeness, you will see positive changes happen in your life.  You will reap a good harvest from the seeds you are sowing.  Wow, doesn't that make you stop and think?

I can honestly tell you that in the last few weeks, there have been times when I have not sown good seed.  There were things that happened that really brought me down and I did not treat my loved ones the way that I should have been treating them.  Why do we always try to hurt the ones we love?  They are the ones that will be by us no matter what.  Trust me, it does not feel good when you realize that the seeds you have sown are not becoming fruitful and the reason for that is because you have not been taking care of them the way that you should.

But as you can tell from the first paragraph of this post, there were some seeds that were sown well and they produced a bountiful harvest.  I never gave up praying that my husband would come to church with me and he did.  Was it when I wanted it to be?  No, it was in God's time.  I was not even expecting him to go with me this past Sunday, so it was such a blessing.  Being a Mom, I have always prayed for my son and that he would have a wonderful life and he is.  My grandson is so very precious to me and I am so grateful to have a wonderful step daughter.  I have wonderful parents and a sister and of course all of my other relatives.  I love my family and I pray daily for them.  I like to think that I am sowing a seed on their behalf no matter what they may need.  So when they are blessed, I give all of the honor and glory to my heavenly Father.

I would like to challenge you today to, think about the seed that your are sowing.  Will you reap a bountiful harvest?  Or do you need to make changes in your sowing?  May God bless you today and bring you joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment