Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Finding the Best Deal

As most of you know, I love to coupon.  I have been couponing since October of last year and let me tell you, I enjoy shopping now.  It is so much fun to see how much money I will save.  Unlike the show "Extreme Couponing",  I simply use coupons for the things that my family will use and what we need for a couple of weeks.  I only stockpile certain things like, toilet paper, Kleenex, toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, shaving items, laundry soap, dish soap, cereal and some snacks.  My next project is to start purchasing things that I can get for less than $1.00 or FREE to donate to those in need.

Through my couponing, my family and I have been able to try things that I wouldn't normally purchase, but with a coupon I will give it a try.  Even my son asks if I have coupons for certain things now and he will even try something different if I have a coupon for it.  Needless to say, I often get asked if this is worth it and if I really save that much.  Let me put it this way, if I save $5.00 or $50.00, I am saving and taking care of my family.  I take my time when shopping  to find the best deal that I can.  It may take me a little more organizing and planning, but it sure is worth it in the end.  So far this year I have saved about $750.00 by using coupons.

As we continue on our road with God, I believe that sometimes we try to "Find the Best Deal".  Whether it be finding the right church, the right bible, the right way to pray, the right music to listen to, etc., we are trying to find what works best for us and is still pleasing to God.  We are all unique individuals and none of us are made to think, look or act the same.  God created us all differently and by doing so, He created each of us to be the "Best Deal" in His eyes.

I am so glad to have the relationship with my God that I do.  I can go to Him at anytime with whatever is troubling me.  I can talk to Him as if He is sitting right beside me.  He is a great listener and He does answer prayers, in His time.  He is a great teacher.  He loves me unconditionally.  He is my healer, redeemer and Savior.  When I fall He picks me up and tells me to keep going.  Of course I could go on and on, but I think you get my drift.

In God we have found the "Best Deal" for our lives.  Most importantly, this deal is FREE.  You don't have to wait for a sale or use a coupon, just invite Him in.   I promise you, you will me changed and you will have the "Deal" of a lifetime.    

No comments:

Post a Comment