Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Keeping the Pantry Full

Keeping the pantry full is very important.  There is nothing worse than having your mind set on something in particular and when you go to the pantry, it is not there.  So then you have to decide, do I really want that because it will involve a trip to the store, or can we just do without it this time and use something else?

Now, let's think about our spiritual pantry.  There are many items that can go into our spiritual pantry but I would like to look at what I believe is the most important.  First, we must pray.  Prayer is a simple way to spend time with God.  It doesn't have to be anything formal, just spend some time with Him.  The other morning I was watching TBN and Creflo Dollar came on.  He was talking about being in the presence of the Lord.  He said something that really stuck with me, "talk to God like you would talk to a friend."  I had never really thought about this, but it made perfect sense.  God just wants us to be real with Him.  He doesn't want us putting on an act, He just wants us to talk to Him.  So I drove to work the other day, talking out loud to my God, and you know what?  It felt great.  Don't worry about what anyone else may think, God loves to hear from us.

Secondly, we must read His word.  There are so many things that the bible can teach us.  Proverbs and Psalms are my favorite to read.  I will admit to you that I am very bad sometimes about reading my bible everyday, but I am going to change that.  I read in Seven Secrets Women Want to Know that Proverbs is a wonderful book of the Bible to read to gain wisdom.  They recommended reading, everyday every month.  There are 31 Proverbs, so you should read the chapter that corresponds with the day.  (ex.  Chap 1 for 1st day of the month.)  I have done this for the last several months and I love it.  I will admit again that I am very bad at times, but I try really hard to do it everyday.

Thirdly, we must Praise and Worship Him every time we have a chance.  I am so grateful that my windows are tinted in my car, because I turn my radio up, sing my head off and lift my hands(ok one hand)  to God as I am driving.  If my windows weren't tinted I am sure that people would call 911 and say there was some crazy lady driving down the interstate.  It feels so good to give Praise to our God.

Lastly, going to church is a great way to share all of the above with others who feel the same.  I know that church is not for everyone and there was a time when I did not attend , but I always did the first three most of the time.  I am blessed to have found a wonderful church that I love.  Life Tabernacle in Mustang, is so awesome.  I love my church family and all of the wonderful people I have met there.

I want my "spiritual" pantry to always be full.  Although I fall at times by not keeping up with some of my core items, I make up for it when I can.  I challenge you today to inventory your "spiritual" pantry.  What changes are you going to make, to assure that you don't run out of those core items?

Here is what I am going to do:  I am going to read Proverbs everyday and be more discipline with my Bible studies.  I am going to pray and have a conversation with God and I will give Him all the praise and I will worship Him with my voice.

(I would love to hear what your plans are.  Please feel free to join my blog and leave comments with your thoughts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment