Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Faith

What is your definition of Faith?  To me, faith is believing in something that I cannot necessarily see with my eyes, feel with my hands or hear with my ears.  Instead it is something that I can see with my soul, hear with my soul and feel with my soul.  Although, I cannot see God with my eyes, I can see Him with my soul, hear Him with my soul and feel Him with my soul.  

I just completed my bible study for today and as I was reading, these words stuck out to me:  trust, rescue, save, hope, restore, increase, promise, faithful, transform, free, heal. Here is what I was lead to write:  

When I trust in God, He will rescue me and save me.  
When I have hope in Him, He can restore my life.  
He will bring me increase.  
He will always keep His promise
He is always faithful.  
He can transform me, free me and heal me.

All of these words were taken from different books, chapters, and verses of the bible and also a couple of other daily readings that I do.  Faith is believing and seeing that no matter where these words came from, He can use them to reach out to us and get His message across.  

I have been so blessed the last week while writing this blog.  I must tell you that everyday before I sit down to write, I ask God to allow my words to be His words.  I am so honored right now, that God is using me to deliver His word.  I want to take a moment to praise Him right now:  Oh, thank you Lord,  for what You are doing in my life.  I love You and You deserve all the honor, glory and praise for these words.  

On July, 9, 2011, I attended a 2nd Anniversary Service for one of our satellite churches.  At the end of that service during the altar call a song "I Give Myself Away" was sung.  These are the words: 
 
 I give myself away, I give myself away, so you can use me
Here I am, Here I stand, Lord, my life is in your hands, 
Lord, I'm longing to see, Your desires revealed in me
Take my heart, Take my life, As a living sacrifice
All my dreams all my plans, Lord I place them in your hands
My life is not my own, To you I belong 
I give myself, I give myself to you.

I didn't realize then, how much this song would end up meaning to me.  I searched you tube and found a video with the music and the words on it.  I have listened to it numerous time since then.  As I just listened to make sure I got the words write, I cannot even begin to tell you what I was feeling.  God is so good and I never want this feeling to end.  

There have been several altar calls at church where our Pastor has asked that anyone who is wanting to know what God has planned for them and where He wants to take them to come down for prayer.  I have gone down every time.  I just want Him to use me, so that everything that I do, will bring honor and glory to Him.  

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Pastor and church family.  I have never felt more at home in a church than I do at Life Tabernacle in Mustang, OK.  

I can assure you right now my friends that what I am feeling today is Faith.  Faith in that my God will do everything that He has promised; faith that He will continue to use me to share His word with you; and faith that you will see that He can do the same for you.    



  

1 comment:

  1. Right now I want to thank our mighty Healer, Savior, King of kings and Lord for giving you the gift of eloquence! I'm truly thankful for how He has lead you to this moment. I'm blessed and moved in my soul as I read each word!
    Thank you Selena, this post was beautiful
    Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete