Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Friday, August 19, 2011

Gracious, Righteous and Compassion

Have you ever felt that everything was closing in on you and you had no where to escape to?  Have you ever been given a diagnosis by a doctor, and you wonder if you are going to make it?  Well, I have and I can tell you first hand that it is not fun.  This October will mark my 17th year of being an Ovarian Cancer Survivor.  I can tell you first hand that getting that "C" word diagnosis will bring you to your knees in half a second and totally set your world into a vicious spin that you think will never end. 

As I was doing my bible study this evening, I came across a chapter in Psalms that meant so much to me when I was going through my cancer treatments, Psalm 116.  I would love for you to take a moment and read this chapter.  There is such a powerful lesson to be learned in this chapter.  Verses 5-6 really spoke to me today:  5-The Lord is gracious and righteous; and God is full of compassion.  6-The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.   God is so good.   

I was healed and know that God poured out His healing power upon me all those years ago.  I am so grateful that He is gracious, righteous and compassionate.  Although we are given battles in our lives, we must always remember that God will never give us more than we can handle.  I know that God put me through that rough time in my life, so that I could use what I learned from that experience to help others.  Sixteen years ago, I wondered "why" He spared my life.  I knew what I was going through was for a reason, but I didn't know what.  I can tell you, almost seventeen later, I am still trying to figure out the "why".  

I have always tried to encourage others who are going through cancer or have family members going through cancer.  I remember the way that I was treated by the doctors and nurses who took care of me, and I want to take care of the patients that I deal with now in that same way.  I want people to know that no matter what the doctor says, God is the ultimate healer.  I love being able to talk with someone about my experience and my journey and I hope that it will help them on theirs.  So as I write this, I guess I am figuring out the "why".  As you can see, God can use anyone to spread His word and be an example of His works.  My God, you are so good.  Isn't it great to have a teacher who will show you grace, righteousness and compassion?  Thank you Lord for teaching us about grace, righteousness and compassion.  May everything that we do bring all honor and glory to You.   

No comments:

Post a Comment