Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Promises

The Lord has taken me on quite a little journey this morning.  I know I have said this before, but I am totally amazed at the way God continues to use people, their words and His words to bring a point or lesson across.  As I have said before, the words I write are not only mine but His.  I believe God has called me to spread His word in a way that means so much to me.  Lord, I give you all the glory.

I was catching up on Facebook this morning and noticed a post from a friend, " Sometimes I think God has his favorites, I don't think I am one of them!!!!!"   (Long story short, this friend has been struggling with some employment issues and had an interview for the job that they really wanted, but did not get it.)  This really broke my heart.  I have been following this friend and they have put their trust and faith in God, but as you can tell by the words, does not feel that they are favored.  Have you ever felt this way?  I know I have.

So after reading this post, I continued with my bible reading for the day.  I was flipping through my bible on my way to Romans when my bible opened to Mark 11:25-And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.  (NIV)  This took me to Matthew 21:21-Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done".  (NIV)  Then we journeyed to Matthew 7:7-"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (NIV)  Lastly, Luke 17:6-He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.  (NIV)  Here is where it gets more amazing, I get Facebook updates from Joel Osteen Ministries and Joyce Meyer Ministries everyday.  Today's messages were:  Joel Osteen:  "The more you speak God's Word, the more His goodness fills your heart and the more real His promises become in your life."  Joyce Meyer:  "Worry is like rocking in a rocking chair all day, because it keeps you busy but gets you nowhere."

God is so very good.  He first tells us to forgive so that we may be forgiven and able to receive.  We must have faith that He will do what He has promised us He will do.  We must "ask" and even if we only have a small amount of faith, He assures us that it will be given.  We must speak His words and allow Him to fill us with His presence and teaching.  Although it is our human nature to worry, we should put all of our faith in Him and allow Him to fulfill His plan and purpose for us.

What promises are you believing for today?  Are you willing to allow Him to keep His promise no matter how long it takes or are you going to stay in the rocking chair?    

No comments:

Post a Comment