Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Rain

Today, I am so very, very thankful for the rain. I sure do love a good thunderstorm.  I love the sound of the rain and the clap of the thunder.  I  love watching the lightening and the way it dances across the sky.  

As a child I remember thinking that the thunder was God rearranging furniture in heaven.  I thought the rain were His tears.  I never really thought about what the lightening meant, I just remember being afraid of it.  As a child did you ever have an explanation for the rain, thunder and lightening?  If you have children, what are their thoughts?

As I look out the window, I see the trees blowing in the wind and the clouds, and I am thankful.  I see the wetness of the lawn, trees, plants and driveway, and I am thankful.  Thankful that he has answered so many prayers by bringing the rain and cooler temperatures.  He is good.

We must remember that He will never give us more than we can handle.  We must also remember that things will come in His time not our time.  We may not always understand why things happen the way they do, but we must have faith, that He knows why they happen.  This is one of my favorite scriptures:  Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Trust in Him to meet all of your needs, trust in Him to answer all of your prayers, trust in Him to show you the plans that He has for you, trust in Him to be who He says He is.  Do you trust Him today?  I sure do.

Like God pours down the rain from heaven, He will pour down his love for you if you will just open your heart for Him and let Him in.      

No comments:

Post a Comment