Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Friday, August 26, 2011

Watching God's Plan Unfold

I sit here tonight in amazement.  Amazed that I am watching God's plan unfold.  Sometimes it almost feels as if it is not even real.  I sometimes feel like I have to pinch myself in order to make sure that it is all not a dream.  Two weeks ago I wrote on "God's Plan"; in that blog I wrote a little about my son, but tonight I am going to write a little bit more.

When my son first started attending church with his girlfriend, I could immediately tell that there was something in him that was changed.  I still remember the day that he told me he was going to be baptized.  Of course, I was there for his baptism and cried my eyes out with tears of joy.  Since that time, he has never looked back.  He has given it all to God.  

I had the privilege of listening to him speak to the youth group last Wednesday.  He has such a love for God that you can see it all over his face.  I cannot even begin to explain what it is like to watch your child preach to a group of young people.  I could hear and feel the love that he has for God.  Tonight I got to watch him play bass guitar in the youth band, worshiping with music.  He has also spoken one other time to the youth and is also a member of our church puppet team.  Yes, I am a very proud Mom.  I am so proud of the man that he is becoming.  

God has a plan for my son's life.  I am so blessed and honored that I can be a part of watching this plan unfold.  I am so honored to watch him become the man that his Heavenly Father wants him to be.  I may be his mother, but God can give him so much more than I ever could.  I have always said that God gave me my son for a reason.  Part of that reason was I needed to change the path my life was taking back then; and he is still helping me now.  His faith has led me back to church.  I have renewed my faith and commitment to God, I have been baptized and I am allowing God to do His work in me.

God has a plan for you and He wants you to be able to watch it unfold.  All you have to do is give Him permission.  He will bless you beyond measure.  He will show you things that you never even knew.  Most of all, He will love you like no one else ever has.  Won't you allow Him to unfold His plan for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment