Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Saturday, August 13, 2011

God's Plan

Do you ever stop to think about where you are and how you got there?  Then you realize that you are in the place that you are because of God and the plan that He has for your life.  Then you look back a little bit further and you can see where He has touched your life and directed you in the way that you should go.   

I realized while watching the youth from our church tonight at the ice rink, that I am so blessed to be where I am today.  I never thought that finding an ice rink in Oklaoma City in March 2006 would lead me to being in that same ice rink tonight with so many who have become family.  My son and his beautiful girlfriend met at this same ice rink almost a year ago.  As she and I were talking, we both know that God has had His hand on how everything has turned out for our families.  God has a plan.  Things may come along and happen that we don't quit understand, but we will see a few months down the road that it was His plan.  Now, instead of spending my Sunday afternoons and evenings, in this same ice rink, watching my son play hockey, I now attend church with him, his beautiful girlfriend and her parents, and watch him praising and worshiping God.  I see the call of God on his life and it makes me so proud.  Who would have thought that deciding to go ice skating on St. Patrick's day weekend of  March 2006, would have led us to where we are today? 

Ironically, I read this on my Facebook page prior to beginning the writing of this post.  From Joyce Meyer Ministries:  God is working in you and in your life right now.  You may not feel it or see it, but you can believe it. 

You never know where or how God will use a place, person or thing, to get you were He needs and wants you to be.  But I can assure you my friend that He does. I can also assure you that there is no other feeling like it in this world when you realize that He loves you and only wants whats best for you.  God is so good.    

No comments:

Post a Comment