Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hitting the Brick Wall

How many of you have hit brick walls?  I don't necessarily mean a real brick wall, I am just talking about a point where you just cannot go anymore, and you are stuck?  I can tell you, I have hit many a brick wall.  This is also a term that we use at work, which means that we are beyond tired.  I must tell you that today I hit the brick wall at work about 1:00.  Since this was my first day shift, I was a little behind the 8 ball anyway.  But I did make it through with flying colors.

Do you ever stop to think about how this "brick wall" came into your life?  Sometimes I think it is just a circumstance of life.  We are all going to hit "brick walls" at some time or another.  How we deal with these walls is another story.

A few days ago, I received this message on a daily message site I belong to called, God wants you to know.  Here is the message from 8-15:  God wants you to know.....that when you come to a wall, you can either climb it, or you can simply walk around until you find a door.  Don't make life so hard, - look for the doors!!!   How true that statement is.  Sometimes we tend to become so focused on one thing, that everything else just passes us by.   We use the wall as an excuse; an excuse for not wanting to work, not wanting to go to school, not wanting to go to church, etc.  We become so obsessed with this wall, that we lose focus of how to remove all the things that don't belong there.  We also will walk right by some of the open doors and never peak in.

I am so thankful that God has a plan to get us away from these "brick walls".  Please step out today and take that step to be the person God wants to you be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment