Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Sunday, August 28, 2011

Frustration

I am just going to be very honest with you: today has been very frustrating for me.  Because of that I feel like I am having a really hard time writing.  So, I thought I would just write a little something about frustration.

It amazes me how the smallest things can make us frustrated.  To be honest again, it really doesn't take me long to get frustrated sometimes.  I did get my bible study done and I had hoped that would help, but it didn't.  Even though I absolutely loved my bible study, I still keep going back to the things that I have been frustrated about today.  

God had a different plan for me this afternoon then to be frustrated.  As I was going back through some of my notes trying to find something to write about, I came upon something that I had written down yesterday.  This is from the book of Psalms.  Psalms 139:23-24 (NIV)   23) Search me, O God, and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts.  24) See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.  This was also in our message at church this morning.  God wants us to allow Him into everything that is going on in our lives.  He wants us to call on Him in our times of trouble.  He wants to bless us with His might power.  He wants to heal us. He wants to deliver us.  All He wants us to say is "Here I am Lord, search me and lead me.  I want to follow You all the days of my life.  I want to do Your work."  God does not want us to stay in the pit of frustration or any other type of pit that we may be in.  He wants us to receive all of His promises.  

My personal prayer, "Lord, thank You for loving me.  Thank you for helping me to see that being frustrated is not really warranted in any of my situations today.  Lord, I pray that you will help me to be more able to control my frustrations and spend more time bringing honor and glory to You.  Jesus I thank you for the blood that you shed for me.  You are my King."  

Will you let God help you today and get you out of your pit? 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I was really in a pit today. I was very frustrated at work and felt like things were working against our team. Yet God was smiling down on our team and we made it through. Looking back on the situation I see that. My prayer for the day would be that I would learn how to let God take over and not get frustrated about things that I have no control over. Thank you for reminding me. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really glad this helped you. This blog means so much to me and knowing that others are actually enjoying it and being helped by it makes me want to keep doing it. Thank you for your sweet words my friend.

    ReplyDelete