Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Freedom

If you read my blog yesterday, you will remember that I talked about being FREE.  I kept feeling that the Lord wanted me to share a little bit more with you about freedom.  I looked up the word freedom on dictionary.com and it gave me five different definitions.  The fifth definition being:  personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery.  If you will also recall the following words that I mentioned from the song "Freedom" that I have been listening to:  No more shackles, no more chains, no more bondage, I am free.  

I cannot tell you how many times I have listened to that song over the last week.  No matter if I am in my car or at home when I listen to this song, I have the same reaction.  The hair on the back of my neck stands up, I get goose bumps and I feel an overwhelming presence of God.  It is the most awesome feeling ever.  It is awesome to know that we can be free from all of the things of our past.  We don't have to hold onto to them anymore nor do we have to be tied down by them.  God wants us to know that we can be free all we have to do is ask.  He will free us from those things that bind us and make us new.  Jesus died so that we could be Free, can you take a moment today to praise Him?    

Now to switch gears to those who fight for our earthly freedom and our country.  Our military men and woman make such a sacrifice to ensure that our freedom as Americans is preserved.  I would like to say Thank You to all who have served and are still serving in our military for our Freedom.  In the last few weeks there have been way to many of these fine men and woman who have been killed.  My heart aches for these families and I pray that God will comfort them and pour His love out upon them.  Please take some time in your daily prayers to pray for our military.   

No comments:

Post a Comment