Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Monday, August 1, 2011

Reflection

Happy Monday and thank you Lord, for this beautiful day.  As I look back on the last week, I am very humbled and thankful.  One week ago today I wrote my first blog.  I have always loved to write, but never really pursued it.  I have always tried to decide what I wanted to be when I grew up, but had never figured it out.  Last Sunday when I was at work a group of us were talking about what we enjoyed doing.  Talking with a friend I said, "I have always wanted to be a writer", and she said, "Well, do it"; so here we are today.  As I mentioned in my first post, God also played a huge part in the beginning of this journey.  So to my wonderful and amazing Heavenly Father, thank you and I give You all the honor and praise.  To my dear friend, Cayce, thank you for giving me the extra push I needed to "Just Do It".  

I know that I still have a very long way to go.  I know you can't become a Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown or author over night.  But I can tell you this; when I sit down at my computer to write, my heart and my mind are happy.  My spirit feels free.  I am not the lone author of the words on this blog.  God has used this tool to help me to spread His word.  I may not be a minister, pastor, or evangelist, but I am a child of God and He will use us to reach His people.  When I write I feel the presence of God with me.  He is that warm feeling that I feel in my stomach.  If you have ever felt that you know what I mean.  So this has not only been a personal journey for me, but a spiritual one as well.  I feel a sense of accomplishment and purpose.  I will honest with you, there are times when I feel I have no important purpose in life but this door that God has opened has given me purpose and direction.  

To all of you that have responded to my posts, thank you.  I am glad that you are enjoying them.  Please continue to let me know what you think.  If you have any suggestions for topics just let me know.  If this blog has been an inspiration to you, please feel free to refer your friends and family.  Until later..............

2 comments:

  1. you are a wonderful writer and I feel like when I read your blog I am getting a little devotion time in. You make me remember how I should be, I have gotton away from my purpose. Thank you and I am happy to call you friend. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writings! They have inspired me beyond measure! I praise His mighty name for bringing a wonderful person like you in my life! I've said it before and I truly mean it when I say that I am humbled and honored to call you friend.
    Love, Kim Smith

    ReplyDelete