Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Temple

1 Corinthians 6: 19-20   19)Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own, 20) you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your body.  

I read this scripture during my bible study this morning and it spoke volumes to me.  My husband has always said that we should take care of our bodies because they are a temple for God.  I guess I never really realized the importance until I reread this again tonight prior to beginning this post.  Once again I am amazed at the way that God will show us something at the time that we really need it in our lives.

Just today, I was thinking about how much I really need and want to lose weight.  The last few months have been very emotionally hard for me.  I have tacked on about 30 unanswered pounds.  It seems like the more I gain, the more I seem to be losing control of the battle.  The last few months have been very trying for me and I guess that I have chosen to allow food to comfort me.  I have struggled with my weight for many, many years.  There are times when I have lost weight and then I will gain it back, lose it again and gain it back and on and on and on.  That is why after reading this scripture again tonight I realized that it is time to do something about it.  I know that I must surrender "my temple" to God and allow Him to have total control.

This is going to be quite a challenge for me.  I know that it will require a lot of discipline and hard work, but I am ready to give it all I have.  I also know that I need to do this for me and my family.  I want to be here to enjoy my children and my grandchildren.  I want to be able to do things with my family and not feel tired anymore.  I want to be happy again about who I am and the way I look.  I want  "My Temple" to be pleasing to God.  I know I have said this many, many times, but I want everything I do in my life to bring honor and glory to Him.

Take a look at "Your Temple" today.  Is there anything that you need or want to change?  If so, give it to Him and He will take the journey with you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment