Welcome

My prayer is that you will be inspired, touched and filled with joy. May you realize that God is good all the time.


Monday, August 8, 2011

The Junk

I know I mention this often, but I will mention it again and again and again, I love my church!!!  Last night was a wonderful service.  Thank you Brother Daren Davis for the wonderful message you preached last night.  It was fantastic and right on.  The following is what I received from this sermon in my own words and as directed by Him, who is the true writer of "The Pantry".    

We all have "Junk" in our lives even if we don't want to admit it.  We even try to hide it.  We put on the face that we think everyone wants to see.  We say the things we think everyone wants to hear.  We act the way we think everyone wants us to act.  But when it comes right down to it, we are absolutely miserable.  Our "junk" has taken over our lives.  It has robbed us of our joy and our happiness.  We smile on the outside, but we are crying on the inside.  We say things are fine, ok and alright, but inside we are sad, miserable and have a feeling of worthlessness.  We do things that we have always done and seem to enjoy them, but inside we would just rather crawl up in a ball and stay that way forever.  We become so consumed with our "junk" that we lose who we are and who we want to become.  We lose sight of His plan for our lives.

Is this you?  I will be honest with you, at times, it is me.  We do not want to allow ourselves to deal with the "junk", we just want to keep pushing it away or sweeping it under the rug.  We don't want anyone to know about what is going on with us.  We don't want anyone to question us about how we are feeling.  We just want to pretend that everything is ok, when it really isn't.  We continue to live in a place that is not real to us and we begin to wonder if there is an answer.

I have good news for you my beloved readers, there is an answer.  The answer is Jesus.  He is a healer, a redeemer and a deliverer.  He is a friend and a confidant.  He will help you to get rid of your "junk" and reveal to you His purpose and plan for your life.  Romans 8:28  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  (NIV)

Brother Davis posed this question in his sermon last night, "Am I willing to endure the "junk" so that God receives the glory?"  My answer is yes.  What is yours?  I am thankful that last night at church, I was given the opportunity to take my "junk" and leave it at the altar and I did.  Thank you Jesus, for your mercy and to You I give all the glory.

2 comments:

  1. I love this!
    My favorite part, go to the alter to give, so give all your junk to God so that your vessel will have the space-now- to be filled with His glory.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful!!! Thank you for this insight. We should always take a breath and thank God for life. Don't sweat the small stuff right? He will always comfort us and guide us. We must always keep our eye on the Lord. Good job Selena! I love your posts. -Mel

    ReplyDelete